FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sue Freeman, Footprint Press, Inc.
(585) 421-9383 firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Fun and Free Discoveries in the Genesee Valley Region
Here are ten ideas to feed your adventurous spirit. Make getting exercise
fun by having a goal in mind. You can hike or bicycle to these great
discoveries without traveling far from home.
1. See the waters of Murder Creek spill over the Onondaga Escarpment in a
spectacular waterfall in Akron.
2. Learn the significance of a "vernal pool" in Iroquois National Wildlife
3. Ride through a tunnel under a railroad in Letchworth State Park.
4. Experience a living bog where you can get an up-close view of
insect-eating pitcher plants at Moss Lake.
5. Walk the ridge of a drumlin overlooking large ponds at Twin Cedars
6. View one of only 20 oak openings left in the world at Quinn Oak Openings.
7. Bicycle on man-made dikes at Oak Orchard Wildlife Management Area.
8. See stately 200-year-old oak trees as you hike the Genesee Valley
9. Learn about turtles at the Genesee County Park Nature Center.
10. Keep your feet dry while walking through a marsh on a ½ mile boardwalk
in Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
Details on these and many other free, fun adventures can be found in the
Take A Hike! Family Walks in the Rochester Area
Take A Hike! Family Walks in the Finger Lakes & Genesee Valley Region
Take Your Bike! Family Rides in the Rochester Area
Take Your Bike! Family Rides in the Finger Lakes & Genesee Valley Region
To view example maps and trail write-ups check web site
http://www.footprintpress.com. The books can be found at local stores or
ordered by calling 1-800-431-1579.