FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sue Freeman, Footprint Press, Inc.
(585) 421-9383 firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Fun and Free Discoveries in the Finger Lakes Region
Here are ten ideas to feed your adventurous spirit. Make getting exercise
fun by having a goal in mind. You can hike or bicycle to these great
discoveries in the Finger Lakes Region.
1. Walk the land where Seneca Indians initiated an annual ring of fire
around Canandaigua Lake.
2. Ride through an abandoned Naval Training Base at Sampson State Park.
3. Explore waterfalls in spectacular shale gorges formed by centuries of
water erosion in Watkins Glen and Fillmore Glen State Parks.
4. Ride tree-shaded trails where steam locomotives once hauled Pennsylvania
coal to ports on Lake Ontario on Ontario Pathways Trails.
5. Learn what botanists see when they walk through an old growth forest at
Camillus Forest Unique Area.
6. Experience life from a bygone era while riding the towpath of the
abandoned Erie Canal from Port Byron to Camillus.
7. Pick blueberries in the Finger Lakes National Forest.
8. Discover a living bog at Urbana State Forest.
9. Explore remains of mills from the 1800s along Keuka Lake Outlet Trail.
10. Climb to the top of a fire tower with panoramic views in Sugar Hill
Details on these and many other free, fun adventures can be found in the
Take A Hike! Family Walks in the Rochester Area
Take A Hike! Family Walks in the Finger Lakes & Genesee Valley Region
Take Your Bike! Family Rides in the Rochester Area
Take Your Bike! Family Rides in the Finger Lakes & Genesee Valley Region
200 Waterfalls in Central & Western New York - A Finders' Guide
To view sample maps and trail write-ups check www.footprintpress.com. The
books can be found at local stores or ordered by calling 1-800-431-1579.